Monday, May 12, 2008

An honor to have known Ken


Ken is my first cousin. I have spent some great times with Ken over the years. Although I am deeply saddened in Ken's passing, I am glad I got to know Ken over the years. Going to ball games, talking on the phone, playing tennis and golf (Ken treated me to a fun round when I came out to visit in '05), Ken always took such and interest in me and my family. Ken had tremendous knowledge of the Mudre family lineage (more than anyone I knew of.) Ken had traveled to the villages in Austria and Slovakia where the Mudre family roots had come from.
Ken took such an interest in Mother Mudre and our family. Ken had such a love for history as well.

I look at Ken as more than a beloved family member; he was also my friend. I can only say that about a handful of family members as very few ever took the time to take interest in myself and our family. I am still very blessed to have known him even as tragic as his passing was.

Ken, may the Lord's light shine upon you both now and forever and we pray now and always that you will be with the Lord forever in peace and love. May your life be an inspiration to all who have known you and bring hope and joy to those around us.

No comments: